ABOUT THE DIRECTOR
Tullio Imperatore is a director, writer and photographer from Napoli (Italy). After earning a degree in law, he decided to dedicate himself full time on filmmaking.
Gets his first successes winning the prize "Plaxtech" for the Green Economy in 2009 with the video "Green Economy".
Subsequently directs numerous commercials, and in 2014, he moved to New York for furthering his knowledge and for new experiences in the world of filmmaking. He collaborated on many projects with students from the film school Tisch School of the Arts (NYU).
In the same year he wrote, directed and produced his first short film titled "A RAY OF SUNSHINE", winner of international awards as the “PLATINUM REMI AWARD” – 48th WorldFest 2015 – HOUSTON; the “AWARD OF MERIT” - Best Shorts Competition (SAN DIEGO); Official Selection - “Roma CinemaDoc November 2015” - Rome; Official Selection - “MIAMI INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL - July 2016”.
At the end of 2014 he began to work on his new project “COMBATTO PER VIVERE” (“I FIGHT TO LIVE”) as a director, writer, producer and cinematographer.
The project is winner of national and international awards as:
- Three GOLD REMI AWARD - 49th WorldFest-Houston 2016:
BEST TV MINI SERIES; BEST MUSIC (two credits);
- Official Selection “LOS ANGELES CineFest 2015”;
- Official Selection “Roma CinemaDoc November 2015” - Rome;
- WINNER “Just Film Award 2015” - San Francisco.
- Official Selection - “MIAMI INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL - JULY 2016”.
In october 2015 he won the "First Place VIDEO CONTEST" - Battle Of The Year (BOTY) 2015 with the video “BOTY FINALS 2015 - THE CREWS: DE KLAN”, video presentation of the “De Klan Crew” at the Battle Of The Year 2015 in Braunschweig (Germany), video wich he wrote and directed.
In november 2015 he direct “VIVERE DENTRO (LIVING INSIDE)”: a documentary video of the homonym project “LIVING INSIDE: planning space and relationships in the prison of Poggioreale” by Marella Santangelo, Paolo Giardiello, Antonio Fullone. The project is related to DiARC (Department of Architecture) University of Naples Federico II.
In may 2016 he direct THREE COMMERCIALS for ANM (Neapolitan Mobility Company): a project in collaboration with the Oris Production Center - DIANA THEATER (Naples) wich sees as protagonists many of the familiar faces of the theater and italian cinema as Giordano Bassetti, Clotilde de Spirito, Carlo Caracciolo. The project was launched with the slogan: #lavitanonèaltrocheteatroinmovimento (#lifeisnothingbuttheaterinmotion).
On January 2017 he wrote, produced and directed his new short film "SMILE".
The project won the following awards:
- WINNER - JURY AWARD - AROUND FILM FESTIVAL (ARFF);
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - 18th Newport Beach Film Festival;
- SEMI FINALIST - LOS ANGELES CINEFEST
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - LONDON MONTHLY FILM FESTIVAL january 2017;
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - MIAMI INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL february 2017;
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - ROMA CINEMA DOC february 2017.